Sibstar is a new debit card and app designed to help people living with dementia stay financially independent and safe. The card is linked to an app that allows caregivers to set spending limits, track transactions, and receive alerts.
Sibstar is the first debit card of its kind in the UK. It was developed by Sibstar, a FinTech startup that was founded by Jayne Sibley, whose mother was diagnosed with dementia.
“I saw firsthand how difficult it was for my mother to manage her finances,” said Sibley. “She would often forget where she had put her money, or she would make impulsive purchases. I wanted to create a product that would help people living with dementia stay independent and safe.”
Sibstar: A Debit Card Designed for People Living with Dementia
The Sibstar card is accepted at all Mastercard merchants worldwide. It also offers a number of features that make it a safe and secure way to pay for goods and services. These features include:
- Two-factor authentication: Users must enter a PIN and a one-time passcode to authorize transactions.
- Geo-fencing: Users can set up geo-fences around their home and other important locations. If the card is used outside of these areas, the caregiver will receive an alert.
- Spending limits: Caregivers can set spending limits for each category of spending. For example, they can set a limit for groceries, transportation, and entertainment.
Sibstar is a valuable tool for people living with dementia and their caregivers. It helps to keep finances safe and secure, while also giving people with dementia the freedom to make their own financial decisions.
To learn more about Sibstar, visit www.sibstar.co.uk.
Here are some additional benefits of using Sibstar:
- Peace of mind: Caregivers can rest assured knowing that their loved one’s finances are safe and secure.
- Financial independence: People with dementia can still make their own financial decisions, within the limits that have been set by their caregivers.
- Increased confidence: People with dementia can feel more confident and in control of their finances.
If you are a person living with dementia or a caregiver, I encourage you to learn more about Sibstar. It is a valuable tool that can help to keep your finances safe and secure.