How to Setup Community Onboarding on Discord Server.
Community Onboarding is a feature on Discord that allows you to welcome new members to your server and help them get started. It’s a great way to make sure that your new members have a positive experience and know where to find the information they need.
Here are the steps on how to setup Community Onboarding on Discord server:
- Go to Server Settings > Onboarding.
2. Select Default Channels. These are the channels that all new members will see in their channel list when joining your server.
3. Create Customization Questions. These questions will allow new members to choose additional channels and roles.
4. Link answers to channels and roles. When a new member answers a question, they will be assigned the corresponding channel and role.
Here are some tips for setting up Community Onboarding:
- Make sure to include your most important channels in the Default Channels.
- Create Customization Questions that will help new members find the channels that are most relevant to them.
- Be clear about what information new members need to provide in order to complete Onboarding.
- Make sure that the onboarding process is easy to follow.
Here are some examples of questions you could ask in your Customization Questions:
- What are your interests?
- What are your goals for joining this server?
- What is your favorite way to communicate?
- What is your timezone?
Once you’ve set up Community Onboarding, new members will be prompted to complete it when they join your server. This will help them get started and make the most of your community.
Here are some additional resources that you may find helpful:
- Discord Community Onboarding documentation: https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/articles/11074987197975-Community-Onboarding-FAQ
- Discord Community Onboarding examples: https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/articles/10394859532823-Community-Onboarding-Examples
- Discord Community Onboarding blog post: https://discord.com/blog/community-onboarding-welcome-your-new-members