How to Edit Sent WhatsApp Messages, WhatsApp has included the ability to edit messages already sent messages.
To modify a previously sent message on WhatsApp, follow these instructions:
- Open the WhatsApp conversation containing the message you wish to edit.
- Press and hold the specific message you want to edit.
- If you are using an Android device, tap the pencil icon located in the toolbar above. For iOS, choose the Edit option from the displayed menu.
- Proceed to make the desired changes to the message.
- Tap the blue checkmark to send the edited message.
Please note the following additional details when editing WhatsApp messages:
How to Edit Sent WhatsApp Messages
- Edited messages will be labeled with the word “Edited” to notify other users that changes have been made.
- The Edit feature may not be available in all versions of WhatsApp. Ensure that you have the latest version of the application to access this feature.
- The ability to edit messages is not supported in group chats.
The editing feature is available on all platforms and locations where WhatsApp is available. However, there are some limitations to the feature. For example, you can only edit your own sent messages, not message bubbles sent by other users. You can also only edit messages within 15 minutes of sending them. After 15 minutes, the Edit option will no longer be available.
Here are some of the platforms and locations where the editing feature is available:
- WhatsApp Web
- WhatsApp Desktop
- WhatsApp Business
The editing feature is not available on WhatsApp for KaiOS or WhatsApp for iPad.